If you like Omega watches, you have noticed the new limited edition of James Bond watch. This watch is part of the celebrating the 50th anniversary of the film, “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” and it’s limited to the usual number of 7,007 pieces.
I have owned several James bond watches such as Spectre and Skyfall, but this watch is not like the other watches. The details this watch has been fabulous.
The past couple of years, Omega step up the game by creating exceptional timepieces which are unique with the core value of having a reliable movement.
You might remember the Ultramen, Hodinkee Limited or the Apollo 11 50th anniversary. All three watches have an amazing box presentation as well as details on the watches.
Omega started to focus on bringing up the overall value to limited edition watches, and this James Bond watch is no different. The total value is excellent with a watch which has the great Omega Calibre 8800 movement, which gives power reserve of 55hours and its self-winding.
What’s so special about this James Bond?
This Omega James Bond Seamaster 300m is unique in many ways. The watch movement its not the one but the execution of the details is.
If you look on the black ceramic dial, you can spot the iconic James bond gun barrel design with, and the center is exactly 9mm.
When you look on the hands, they are trendy on the Omega Seamaster series. The sharpness and precision and the way they are made are incredible. Also, the hands are made from 18K yellow gold. When you look at the luminescent, you can see that the minute hand has a light green glowing, and the hour hand has a blues color. The blue colors are also on the hour markers.
At 10 o’clock there is a significant number. The number 50 represents the 50th anniversary of “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.”
The other detail which is unusually for James Bond watches is the limited edition plate. In general, the limited edition number was always on the case back, not this time. The 18k yellow gold plate is on the left side right under the helium escace valve. I love the detail of the James Bond 007 with the signature gun next to number 7. Well done, Omega.
The stylish box
As I mentioned earlier, Omega becomes excellent in making the boxes very unique. There is a travel pouch as well as strap changing tools with the additional stainless steel bracelet which is very comfortable. The box itself looks great. They wanted to create a similar color pater as the watch dial itself. When you open the box, you can see the gun barrel as well as the Omega logo with written word Omega Seamaster right in the middle. There are two dominant colors which are Black and Yellow to match the watch itself.
What are the features of James Bond Seamaster 300 M
- Anti-magnetic: The movement is unaffected by exposure to strong magnetic fields, even those greater than 1.5 tesla (15,000 gauss).
- Date: The day of the month, displayed in a window on a watch dial typically at the 3 o’clock or 6 o’clock position.
- Limited Edition: Specific number of watches made (7,007)
- Transparent case Back: A transparent case back – frequently made of sapphire – makes it possible to see the movement inside the watch.
- Chronometer: Label given to a watch which has undergone precision tests and received a certificate from an official body (COSC).
- Helium escape valve: Decompression system which allows helium to escape from inside the watch when the watch is worn for professional use in pressure chambers.
- Unidirectional rotating bezel: A bezel which turns in only one direction.
- Screw-in crown: Self-locking crown, screwed into the tube of the case, used for highly water-resistant divers’ watches.
Technical data of the James Bond Seamaster 300 M
Reference Number: 22.214.171.124.01.004
- Between lugs: 20 mm
- Bracelet: rubber strap
- Case: Steel
- Case diameter: 42 mm
- Dial Color: Black
- Crystal: Domed scratch‑resistant sapphire crystal with anti‑reflective treatment on both sides
- Water resistance: 30 bar (300 metres / 1000 feet)
Should you buy this watch?
Due to high demand, the watch was sold out online; however, there is some specific allocation for USA stores. I have heard that only 700 timepieces will be distributed in the USA. When the sale went online, the watch was sold out in a matter of hours.
If you like James Bond movies, and the Seamster 300 M type of watches, this might be the right watch to have it in your collection. You know, that only 7,007 have been made, and you are the lucky person to get one in your watch collection.
How well will this watch keep its value?
Like any limited edition, especially when you have over 7 thousands timepieces, it might take time when the watch will appreciate. Also, if the demand is high enough, you might see the watch selling above the MSRP of $6,500. Time will tell if the watch will be trending above MSRP as the James Bond Spectre does.
The blog posts were written by Honza Hroch, the founder of Value Your Watch.
[ad_2] Reprint please indicate: Watch-fake.com